They say that practice makes perfect. Well, others who seem to understand things a little bit better let us know straight away that only perfect practice can result in perfect results. Needless to say, you can practice until the cows come home, but if you don’t understand the most important golf fundamentals, you’ll waste an incredible amount of time and energy, while accomplishing very little in the results department.
Golf lessons can streamline your efforts to advance beyond the natural golf abilities, and into the next level, where you can focus on both the physical and technical aspects of developing your best golf swing. And, the following are 5 important reasons why any golf beginner can benefit from at least one, entry-level golf lesson.
- We all come in a variety of shapes and sizes, both of which have significance on how you select the golf equipment that you’re going to invest in. The length of your arms and legs should be an important factor in determining your choice of golf clubs. Experienced professional advice should precede such an investment.
- An awareness of how your age and gender will impact your approach, both in the way in which you practice your golf swing, as well as, your expectations while playing the game. Forget about the 300-yard drives. It’s going to be consistency that brings satisfaction and enjoyment.
- Fitness is an important key to your maintaining the strength and stamina to get through the final holes. Understanding a few golf exercises will help you strengthen and tone-up the muscles required for proper posture, golf grip, arms, shoulders and legs.
- The game of golf, as well as, the USGA and PGA, have very specific rules, the understanding of which, are essential to proper golf etiquette. Understanding proper protocol will pay dividends as you share time and space with other golfers, each of who may be at various levels of experience.
- Minimizing stress and maximizing enjoyment by maintaining perspective. You should enjoy your practice sessions, while at the same time focusing on the serious side of golf skills development. It’s really about maintaining consistency through good work habits.
Golf Lessons can be expensive and may simply be unaffordable for a golf beginner. But, whether it be from a professional, golf training aids utilizing golf books or online golf training, golf tips from an experienced friend, or just the well intended advice from a kind hearted stranger, golf instruction will go a long way in helping you understand the rules, courtesies and basic fundamentals, as you improve that simple golf swing.
Copyright 2009 Harry Monell. All rights reserved. Please feel free to share the entire contents of this article with your friends or post it on your site as long as it is left intact with all links unchanged, including this notice. If you’ve been looking for .